Friday, December 21, 2007

Happy, Happy! & UA at Oxford


Dear Honors College Students,

I hope you are having and will continue to have the most marvelous holiday! It is good to study, and it is good to cease from study!

I remind you of the Alabama at Oxford program in second term summer, which boasts two wonderful honors courses: UH 210 The Arts of Oxford, taught by Ms. Allen Jones and EN 216 Honors English Literature 2, taught by me. Also there is a linguistics course "The Queen's
English," taught by Dr. Catherine Davies, a history course on British Popular Music, taught by Dr. John Beeler, and a Shakespeare course, taught by me. As I've mentioned to you earlier, this is a truly wonderful program, and I thought it best to bring it back to your attention while you are in the presence of folks who might love to ship you out of the country for five weeks in England next summer.

You can find more information at: http://international.ua.edu/overseas-study/summer/Oxford.html. From that page click on Brochure.

I'd love to see the whole Oxford contingent made up of Honors College students!

Best wishes,

Bob Halli

--
Robert W. Halli, Jr., Ph.D.
Dean, Honors College
Director, University Fellows Experience
The University of Alabama
Tuscaloosa, AL 35487-0169

No comments: